Success in the residential real estate industry first requires a bold commitment to big dreams and a willingness to help others.
That’s about all Justin “JZ” Ziegler had after 2007’s economic recession brought layoffs to Atlanta’s non-profit sector. Once a development officer for the Southeast’s largest AIDS service organization, he found himself counting coins and new contacts after early morning shifts at a busy Midtown coffee shop.
A longtime student of Atlanta’s property market, JZ had at many times considered a career in real estate. In 2011, the newly formed Common Ground Real Estate team of Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta gave him the opportunity he’d been looking for: work your way up and thank us when you’re at the top.
After several months of catching deals dropped by other agents and turning those coffeehouse contacts into clients, JZ became a productive full-time REALTOR®. Within a year, as a principal at Common Ground, he moved the team from rented desks in cube land to a permanent storefront in the heart of downtown Decatur.
Common Ground now boasts more than a dozen REALTORS® supported by Ziegler as president, Bill Forrest as team leader, plus a full-time operations manager and marketing department. We’re confident that our balance of sales history, client service and community involvement brings a winning scenario to the closing table.
We’re proud of the recognitions from our broker, the DeKalb Board of REALTORS® and several local publications, but our greatest accomplishments are the lifelong partnerships forged with clients who’ve become friends, one transaction at the time.
Awards and accomplishments:
- 2017 Best Business Person – The GA Voice Newspaper
- 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012 Best Real Estate Agent – The GA Voice Newspaper
- 2016-2013 Atlanta Association of REALTORS® – Multi-Million Dollar Club
- 2015 Atlanta Agent Magazine – Best Agent Website
- 2014 Pinnacle Award Winner, Dekalb Board of REALTORS®
- 2014 PalmerHouse Properties #3 Individual Agent (Sales)
- 2013 Pinnacle Award Winner, Dekalb Board of REALTORS®
- 2013 “Bestest REALTOR” – ProjectQAtlanta’s “Bestest of the Best of Gay Atlanta”
- 2011 GLAAD Leadership Council Award Recipient
- CommonCreativ Magazine’s 2011 “50 Most Creative Atlantans”
- Fenuxe Magazine’s “50 most Prominent and Influential” 2010
- Cambridge “Who’s Who” of Business Executives
JZ proudly supports the following organizations:
- The Living Room – Keystone Donor Society
- Jerusalem House – Cornerstone Philanthropy Circle
- Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD)
- American Association of Adapted Sports Programs (AAASP)
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Atlanta Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (AGLCC)
- For The Kid
- Atlanta PRIDE
- Stonewall Bar Association
- Actor’s Express Theater
- Lambda Legal